“Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective stories.”– Arthur C. Clarke
“I’m leaving my body to science fiction.”–Steven Wright
Science fiction pervades our culture. Movies, television, books, even stage productions. It’s rich history, and its significance in shaping our views of the future–or for that matter, inspiring us to invent the future–is the subject of this wide ranging discussion with author Tom Lombardo. Among the subjects we cover:
- Science Fiction as a pervasive view of the future; all aspects of human experience, not just technology and science.
- Parallels between mythology and science fiction
- Science Fiction as social satire and even humor (think Kurt Vonnegut and Douglas Adams, for instance).
- The danger of Hollywood’s apocalyptic future visions becoming self-fullfilling prophecies
- Some of the best future predictions from scifi.
You can subscribe to Seeking Delphi™ on Apple podcasts , PlayerFM, MyTuner, Listen Notes, and YouTube
Episode #38, Science Fiction, The Evolutionary Mythology of The Future
YouTube slide show of episode #38
Center for Future Consciousness (Tom’s web site)
Subscribe to Seeking Delphi™ on Apple Podcasts
Subscribe to Seeking Delphi™ on PlayerFM
Follow Seeking Delphi™ on Facebook @SeekingDelphi